- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Tomato, seeded and sliced
- 1 Teaspoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 Teaspoon chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 Italian eggplant
- In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the eggplant and simmer them gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Slice the eggplant into rounds 1/8" thick.
- Add the sliced eggplant to the saucepan and shake the pan so the slices are completely submerged. Simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat, cool, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Prepare the eggplant confit. Just before serving, blend the fresh goat cheese in a small bowl with the cream, minced herbs and a twist of freshly ground pepper. Mold into two olive-shaped quenelles.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the marinade and arrange them in the center of two plates, slightly overlapping. Place the quenelles in the center of the eggplant slices and spoon some of the marinade around the cheese. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
50 Shades of Taste
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More