- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 eggplant, peeled, cubed and soaked in water for at least one hour.
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt (may omit if desired)
- dash ground pepper
- optional topping: italian bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil eggplant, green peppers for 10 mins in saucepan. Drain and place in casserole dish.
- Saute onions in a little olive oil. Add to eggplant mixture.
- Add chopped tomatoes and its juice to eggplant mixture.
- In saucepan, melt butter or margarine, add flour and stir. Add cloves, brown sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir into casserole dish and mix well.
- Can top with bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese as desired.
- Bake 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
NotesGreat as a side dish or as a filling for a crepes.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More