- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 eggplant, peeled, cubed and soaked in water for at least one hour.
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt (may omit if desired)
- dash ground pepper
- optional topping: italian bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil eggplant, green peppers for 10 mins in saucepan. Drain and place in casserole dish.
- Saute onions in a little olive oil. Add to eggplant mixture.
- Add chopped tomatoes and its juice to eggplant mixture.
- In saucepan, melt butter or margarine, add flour and stir. Add cloves, brown sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir into casserole dish and mix well.
- Can top with bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese as desired.
- Bake 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
NotesGreat as a side dish or as a filling for a crepes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More