- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA lighter version of my mom's classic lasagna, with half the cheese, half the pasta, and twice the veggies!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Lamb ragu (or jarred sauce)
- 1 15 oz. container low fat ricotta
- 1 cup low fat shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1/8 inch thin strips with a madoline slicer or food processor fitted with slicer attachment. Set aside.
- Mix egg white, ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan, bread crumbs, and seasonings until well combined.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into bottom of a 9 x 9 inch glass casserole.
- Top with four lasagna noodles, 1/4 cup cheese mixture and a layer of eggplant slices. Cover with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Repeat to create four layers, ending with sauce. *At this point you can cover the dish with foil and put it in the freezer. It will keep for a month.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mazzarella and return to oven for 15 minutes, or until top is bubbly.