- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Lamb ragu (or jarred sauce)
- 1 15 oz. container low fat ricotta
- 1 cup low fat shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1/8 inch thin strips with a madoline slicer or food processor fitted with slicer attachment. Set aside.
- Mix egg white, ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan, bread crumbs, and seasonings until well combined.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into bottom of a 9 x 9 inch glass casserole.
- Top with four lasagna noodles, 1/4 cup cheese mixture and a layer of eggplant slices. Cover with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Repeat to create four layers, ending with sauce. *At this point you can cover the dish with foil and put it in the freezer. It will keep for a month.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mazzarella and return to oven for 15 minutes, or until top is bubbly.
NotesA lighter version of my mom's classic lasagna, with half the cheese, half the pasta, and twice the veggies!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More