- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 16 ounces tomato sauce or fat free spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup skim milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- dash black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray (2) 13"x9" baking dishes with non-stick
- cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper. Put egg substitute in a separate bowl. Dip eggplant slices in egg substitute and then in bread crumbs, coating thoroughly. Place eggplant slices in single layer in baking dishes. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top each eggplant slice with tomato sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Nutrition Information per serving:
- 297 Calories; 8g Fat (23.2% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 1736mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
NotesPoints - 6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Classic Chocolate Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More