- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 45 to 60
BackstoryIf you like Chicken Parmesan, you might like eggplant parmesan. I got this recipe from school. It's delicious.
- 2 Eggplant
- Salt & Pepper, as needed
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- Egg Wash (3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, and a pinch of salt)
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 24oz. can's of Barilla Marinana sauce or any type of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick circles. Lay the eggplant on a sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly salt them. Set eggplant aside for an half hour to release moisture. Pat the eggplant with paper towels.
- Season the eggplant with pepper. Bread it using the standard breading procedure ( flour, eggwash, and bread crumbs). Dipping the eggplant in the flour, then eggwash, and then bread crumbs.
- Heat about 1/2 cup of oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Oil should be half way up to the eggplant to pan-fry it. Place eggplant in pan, cook about 2 minutes until golden brown. Flip them and cook another minutes. Do the eggplant in batches. Drain them on paper towlel, then transfer to a rack
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Use a 13 x 9 pan. Pour about a 1/2 to 2/3 cup of sauce into pan. Layer it with two layers of eggplant. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of both parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Repeat step again. Top with remaining sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 or until golden brown and sauce is bubbling. Serve immediately.
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-MilwaukeeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More