- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups Crispy Panko Crumbs Italian Style
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 (24 ounce) jar of favorite spaghetti sauce or marinara, reserve 1/2 cup for topping eggplant
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- In a pot, boil water and add spaghetti noodles. To add flavor and reduce stickiness, add a pinch of salt or a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Boil 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- In the meantime, slice eggplant into 3/4-1 inch thick chips.
- Beat egg in shallow dish. In a seperate dish mix flour and panko crumbs.
- Coat eggplant chips in egg and then coat in panko crumbs.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place eggplant chips in the skillet and cook about 4 minutes on each side, or just until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same pot you cooked spaghetti, add drained spaghetti and spaghetti sauce, reserving 1/2 cup of sauce for topping eggplant. Mix well and heat through.
- Heat in microwave, reserved 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce.
- When ready to plate, add spaghetti, top with eggplant slice, top with reserved spaghetti sauce and top with shaved parmesan cheese.
NotesI love the bounty of fresh veggies from the farmers market and from the garden! I have tasted Eggplant Parmesan from Olive Garden and decided to recreate it at home! It is delicious at Olive Garden and so delicious at home! The eggplant that I got had a little sweet taste to it and it was awesome! Fried up perfect in the Panko Crumbs, nice and crunchy on top of the spaghetti and the shaved parmesan cheese just topped this dish off for a perfect meal! Many bloggers have Meatless Monday so I guess I can say that I've made a Meatless Monday meal and my family loved it! It's nice to have a change of pace! Yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More