- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Medium eggplant, ends trimmed
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 18 Large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs Olive oil (+ 2 Tbs)
- 4 Tbs Parmesan, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- Fill a medium pan with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add the entire eggplant and simmer covered until cooked through.
- Drain the water from the pan and let the eggplant cool.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in in a small skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until light brown.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and pulse until well blended and totally pureed.
NotesWhen serving the pesto in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of extra olive oil over it. Delicious with bread or pasta!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More