- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Medium eggplant, ends trimmed
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 18 Large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs Olive oil (+ 2 Tbs)
- 4 Tbs Parmesan, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Let cool and then chop coarsely.
Fill a medium pan with salted water and bring to a boil.
Add the entire eggplant and simmer covered until cooked through.
Drain the water from the pan and let the eggplant cool.
Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in in a small skillet over moderately high heat.
Add the garlic and sauté until light brown.
Add all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and pulse until well blended and totally pureed.