- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryWhen serving the pesto in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of extra olive oil over it. Delicious with bread or pasta!
- 1 Medium eggplant, ends trimmed
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 18 Large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs Olive oil (+ 2 Tbs)
- 4 Tbs Parmesan, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- Fill a medium pan with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add the entire eggplant and simmer covered until cooked through.
- Drain the water from the pan and let the eggplant cool.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in in a small skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until light brown.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and pulse until well blended and totally pureed.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More