- Cooking Time: 108
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- Roasting eggplant: 1 big eggplant, quartered lengthwise
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt (i prefer kosher)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 celery heart
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded, the chopped carrot
- 1 white onion, diced
- 18 oz quinoa (cubed)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 1/2 cups cashew cheese
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1-3 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2-4 tablespoons bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Roasting eggplant: i quartered the eggplant, laid them out on a baking sheet, cover the exposed surfaces with olive oil. sprinkled with salt, white pepper, and paprika. put in oven at 400F for about 45 minutes.
- Cooking the Crush: looked for vegetable stock, couldnt find any so i made some by cooking a celery heart in 2 cups of water until it started to boil in a large pot; when i took out the celery heart and put 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup shredded then chopped carrots, and 1 white onion into the water on low heat. i then added 18 oz of cubed quinoa, pulled the skins of the roated eggplant, and brought it all to a boil and then left it to cook down simmer after turning it to low-medium.
- Finish Prep: once most of the liquid was absorbed, i added about 3 cups of chopped kale, 2 1/2 cups cashew cheese, and 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms; along with tamaric, sage, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, 2 Tbsp of Nutritional Yeast, 4 Tbsp Bragg's amino acids and stirred it all together and let it simmer another ten minutes.
- The Crush: once it was all cooked up, I poured the Crush into a 9 or 10 inch round casserole dish, put some breadcrumbs on top, covered with foil and put in the oven for 35 mins @ 350F.
- Result: It was very good, but has lots of room for improvement. One idea, adding pasta to the casserole (Spinach or Sun Dried Tomato Penne, youre at the top of my list). Also, brown rice might be another option. Also, i might like some sunflower seeds sprinkled on top with the bread crumbs. The final result wasnt exactly an all-in-one meal. It was close, but needed bread. Keep in mind that my quinoa eggplant crush didnt need to be a casserole, im sure serving it as a soup would have been very good also, but with a little (+2 cups?) extra stock.
Notesi dont like the word casserole, so im using crush. heres how it went down.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More