- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 Cups
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium sized eggplant - about 1 lb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pinenuts
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 to 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion begins to soften - about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook a couple minutes more.
- Add eggplant and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until eggplant is very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, nuts, olives, raisins, sugar, and capers.
- Cook uncovered over medium-low heat until vegetables begin to break down, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Relish can be refrigerated, covered, up to 5 days.
- Serve with toasted French baguette slices, bread sticks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More