- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8-10 pieces
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons basil or oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 small eggplants
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Combine cheeses, egg, salt, pepper, basil or oregano, and parsley.
- Mix well and chill.
- For batter, combine egg, flour, milk, and oil, and beat until smooth.
- Peel eggplants and cut lengthwise into thin slices.
- Heat oil and butter to 350F.
- Dip eggplant slices into flour, then in batter, and sauté in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Place 2 tablespoons chilled filling mixture on each slice and roll loosely, placing seam-side down in buttered 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More