- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8-10 pieces
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons basil or oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 small eggplants
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Combine cheeses, egg, salt, pepper, basil or oregano, and parsley.
- Mix well and chill.
- For batter, combine egg, flour, milk, and oil, and beat until smooth.
- Peel eggplants and cut lengthwise into thin slices.
- Heat oil and butter to 350F.
- Dip eggplant slices into flour, then in batter, and sauté in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Place 2 tablespoons chilled filling mixture on each slice and roll loosely, placing seam-side down in buttered 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Food Travels Through Italy
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More