- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8-10 pieces
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons basil or oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 small eggplants
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Combine cheeses, egg, salt, pepper, basil or oregano, and parsley.
- Mix well and chill.
- For batter, combine egg, flour, milk, and oil, and beat until smooth.
- Peel eggplants and cut lengthwise into thin slices.
- Heat oil and butter to 350F.
- Dip eggplant slices into flour, then in batter, and sauté in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Place 2 tablespoons chilled filling mixture on each slice and roll loosely, placing seam-side down in buttered 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Vegan Eats!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More