- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryI was in Ft. Worth, Texas last week visiting my daughter and son-in-law and I always have to eat at my favorite restaurant when I visit, Prima's. This time I tried the Eggplant Rollatini, which I had never eaten before and it was so delicious when I came home I came up with this recipe. I think it turned out very close to the one from there. Hope you like it.
- Eggplant Rollatini
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced very thin, a mandolin works best for slicing
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg with 1 teaspoon of water added
- Marinara sauce, your favorite recipe or I used Buitoni and it was delicious
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 container of Ricotta cheese
- Dip the eggplant in the egg mixture then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Brown carefully in a skillet with olive oil. As you remove the pieces, place them on paper towels to drain while you fry as many as needed. Take one piece at a time and spread a layer of Ricotta cheese, a layer of baby spinach, then sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Roll up and place in a 9x13 inch-baking dish. After you have finished all the pieces, pour over the marinara sauce, (you may need two containers). Top with mozzarella then Parmesan, bake at 350 till hot and bubbly. Maybe 20-30 minutes. You may need more or less cheese. You don’t have to use spinach if you don’t want to. You can leave it out or use parsley.