- Cooking Time: 35 Min.
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time: 35 Min
- 4 slices bacon, cut 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic and chiles to rendered fat in skillet; cook, stirring, until garlic is just golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Add tomatoes and juice; simmer over medium heat, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon and stirring occasionally, until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. One at a time, crack eggs into a small bowl or cup, and slide onto sauce in skillet, spacing so that all eggs will fit. Cover; cook very gently until egg whites are just opaque (yolks should still be soft), 6 to 9 minutes.
- Spoon into four serving bowls; sprinkle with feta and bacon. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired
NotesIf you can't find canned chipotle chiles in adobo, substitute one tablespoon chili powder plus 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More