- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onions
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of choice* (try combining basil, savory, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1" pieces; rinse in cold water. Place the diced potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the potatoes, green pepper and onions and saute for 5-7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the seasonings and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Make 4 cavities in the mixture with a spoon. Break one egg into each cavity. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- *I used a spice blend that I found at Trader Joe's, 21 Seasoning Salute. Feel free to spice it up how you like it.
NotesIt's not easy coming up with vegetarian main dishes. This one is a keeper. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More