EGGS AND VEGETABLE HASH
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onions
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of choice* (try combining basil, savory, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Peel and dice the potatoes into 1" pieces; rinse in cold water. Place the diced potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the potatoes, green pepper and onions and saute for 5-7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the seasonings and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Make 4 cavities in the mixture with a spoon. Break one egg into each cavity. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
*I used a spice blend that I found at Trader Joe's, 21 Seasoning Salute. Feel free to spice it up how you like it.