- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C Crisco (or 1/2 C Butter and 1/2 C Crisco)
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 T hot water
- 1/2 t baking soda
- In mixing bowl add dry ingrediants, excluding nuts.
- Cut in Crisco / butter with pastry blender.
- Beat 3 eggs, vanilla, water and baking soda.
- Hollow middle of dry ingredients. Add egg mixture.
- Mix and add nuts.
- Handle as little as possible.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Add water 1 t at a time if mixture is too dry.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More