- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Elbow macaroni (I judge the amount by eye, adding more or less macaroni depending on how I'm feeling)
- 1 14.5 oz. can of College Inn vegetable broth
- 1 carrot thinly sliced in rounds circles
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil some salted water. Once boiling add macaroni, celery and carrots. Cook until they are all tender and drain. (About 8-10 minutes)
- Pour in the College Inn broth.
- Heat until the broth is starting to boil and serve. That's it!
NotesFor as long as I can remember when I was sick my mom and grandmother would always make me College Inn chicken broth and elbow macaroni. When I became a vegetarian, this became an issue, because when I was feeling sick this combination was all I wanted, but it grossed me out. Now with all the vegetarian broths available, when I feel sick, I can still enjoy my favorite comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More