- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds Pilgrim's Pride boneless, skinless, split chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Stilton cheese or bleu cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 8 ounces Muenster cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Provolone cheese, grated
- 8 ounces White Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound lasagna noodles, cooked al dente, drained well
- 3 large firm ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Saute chicken in heated olive oil in a large skilled over moderately high heat until done, about 5 minutes. If necessary, cook in several batches. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over moderately low heat. Add flour, cooking and stirring about 3 minutes. Whisk in milk. Continue cooking and stirring 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Remove sauce from heat; add salt, pepper, Stilton cheese and white wine, stirring until cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Combine Muenster, Provolone and cheddar cheese, mixing well. Set aside.
- To assemble lasagna, spread an even layer of sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the remaining sauce, and half of each of the following: tomatoes, basil, mushrooms and chicken. Top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layering in the same manner. End with the remaining 1/3 noodles, sauce and cheese mixture.
- Bake in center of the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let Stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
- 10-12 servings
- Note: May be prepared
- Source: 1991 Winning Taste Recipe Contest - First Place: Casserole
- Sandra E. Rygle
- Product: Pilgrim's Pride Chicken
NotesSource: 1991 Winning Taste Recipe Contest - First Place: Casserole
Sandra E. Rygle
Product: Pilgrim's Pride Chicken
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More