- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThis salmon dish is adapted from Ina Garten's Back to Basics. Feel free to just eat it all up in one go, as it will serve 4-6 for dinner. Otherwise, save half of the marinade and half of the salmon for Asian Salmon Cakes with Soy Mayo the next day!
- 2 lbs. wild caught salmon filet
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbls. fish sauce
- 1 Tbls. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic chili sauce
- 2 Tbls. minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay salmon on top.
- Whisk all ingredients exept for salmon and bread crumbs until combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the soy marinade over the salmon.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Spoon another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the marinade over the bread crumbs until they are all saturated. Spoon any fallen topping back onto the fish.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Reserve remaining marinade for tomorrow's recipe.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake marinated salmon for 18 - 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot and reserve half for tomorrow's recipe.