- Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- Preparation Time: All day
- 15 branches elderberry blossom
- 3 quarts water
- 6-1/2 lbs sugar
- 30 gm. zitronensäure (citric acid)
- Add water and sugar to elderberry blossoms.
- Let sit in sun all day.
- Cook above for 5-10 minutes.
- Then take out branches.
- Add 30 gm. Zitronensäure.
- Bottle and serve with water.
NotesEli Läuchli is a Swiss Artist-Humanist we met in Tucson. She is currently a watercolor artist living in Winterthur, Switzerland (http://www.eli-lauchli.ch/).
Zitronensäure is citric acid, also known as lemon salt or sour salt. It may be found in the baking or spice aisle at the grocery store.