- Cooking Time: 30-60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne of Carl Malamud’s favorite birthday cakes.
- Crust Ingredients (for 9” or 10” spring-form pan):
- 1 pkg zweiback
- 2 T butter
- 2 T sugar
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 lb. pot cheese (if cottage cheese, drain a bit)
- 1 C yogurt
- 3 to 4 eggs
- 2/3 C sugar
- Vanilla, lemon peel, etc.
- Directions: Crust
- Roll the zwieback into crumbs.
- Cream together butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add butter-sugar to zwieback crumbs.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Put into a 9” or 10” spring-form pan and press down evenly on the bottom.
- Directions: Filling
- Put in blender eggs, yogurt, and sugar (or through sieve, then beat) until blended (consistency of thin custard).
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- It should be set half-way in from the center.
- Let sit at least 1/2 hour.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More