- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/3 C poppy seed
- 1 C milk
- 2/3 C butter
- 1-1/2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp granulated gelatin
- 1 T cold water
- Cake Directions:
- Soak poppy seeds in milk, preferably overnight in refrigerator.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar until no grainy texture.
- Sift flour and baking powder twice.
- Add flour alternately with poppy seed mix to creamed ingredients, mixing until very smooth.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Grease and flour two 8" round layer pans.
- Bake 45 minutes (or less) at 375 degrees.
- Cool cake.
- Frost with flavored whipped cream.
- Frosting directions:
- Add 1 tsp vanilla to whipping cream.
- Put 1/2 tsp granulated gelatin together with 1 T cold water in small metal cup.
- Set cup in boiling water until gelatin is clear.
- Beat dissolved gelatin into cream as it begins to thicken.
Notes9" pans can be used, just lower the baking temperature.
This is Yvette's favorite birthday cake, and Jean made it for her for many years.
The trick to an excellent cake is to soak the poppy seeds in milk overnight.
Lau Family Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More