- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my mother's pumpkin pie recipe. I have also made it with sweet potatoes.
This is NOT GLUTEN FREE if you use a standard pie crust. I have made it with a nut meal crust and it turned out okay, but really, if you want GF, just make the filling recipe, put it into individual serving bowls and have a pumpkin custard instead. :)
- 4 (or 5) eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 no. 2 ½ can pumpkin (about 3 ½ c.)
- ½ c. white sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. molasses
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. cloves
- 2 t. allspice
- 1 t. ginger
- 1 t. (more or less) of rum
- 2 13 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 2 9” unbaked pie shells
- Mix ingredients in order given.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake in hot (425°) oven for 15 min.
- Reduce temp. to 350° and continue baking 45 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.