- Cooking Time: overnight
- Servings: lots
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryWhile my mom was here visiting a few weeks back, we shared recipes (one of my favorite things to do). Mom gave me grandmother's recipe for salad dressing. Which also makes a wonderful condiment on a crispy chicken wrap....veggie dip....secret sauce. What ever you can think of that is socially acceptable to use as a vehicle for transporting this dressing from the jar into your mouth
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Squirt of ketchup (for color)
- 1 quart of mayonnaise
- A few shakes of Mrs. Dashes if you have some
- With your food processor, shred / grate the carrots, celery and onion. Then puree. Add the remaining ingredients and puree some more. There will be some texture still...and that's ok. It just adds to that "fresh" flavor thing.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight, allowing the flavors to marry. You know....get all familiar with each other and mesh.