- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup veg. oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light is ok)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease 6x9" loaf pan. Mash bananas and set aside. In large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil and sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Add the cinnamon, baking soda & powder, vanilla, salt, bananas and walnuts (if using), to the egg mixture. Whisk to combine. Add the flour and stir just until combined. Do not overmix! Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour (test with toothpick). Let rest for 10-15 min. before removing loaf from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: This bread is a bit darker than traditional banana bread due to the brown sugar, but it is very good - very moist. No need for any butter or other spread. I used Penzey's Baking Spice in place of the ground cinnamon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cooking for a Cure
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More