- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Cream butter. Add sugar, creaming well. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch rounds, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at edges. Cool thoroughly.
- Spread half of the cookies with jam, and top with remaining cookies.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, almond extract, and enough hot water to make a thin icing. Frost tops of cookies. Top each with a small piece of candied cherry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More