- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp warm water
- pink food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cornstarch.
- In food processor or with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add dry ingredients. When just combined, remove from processor and knead. Form into ball. Divide into two equal parts.
- Roll out into 15 x 10 inch rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper. Transfer paper to cookie sheet. Cut into 2" rounds, prick dough and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until creamy coloured and firm to touch. Cool on cookie sheets.
- Spread one half with jam, top with second half.
- To make Icing: Combine sugar, lemon juice and water until spreadable. If desired, colour icing pink. Spread evenly over rounds. Allow glaze to set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More