- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFast (about 30 minutes) and easy...it's not rocket science but it sure tastes great!
Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 med sweet onion - diced 1/8"
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 11 oz. can Mexicorn - drained
- 1 8 oz. can sliced black olives - drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 each 6" corn tortillas
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is done and crumbly.
- Drain well.
- Add the corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, olives, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.