- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 med sweet onion - diced 1/8"
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 11 oz. can Mexicorn - drained
- 1 8 oz. can sliced black olives - drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 each 6" corn tortillas
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is done and crumbly.
- Drain well.
- Add the corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, olives, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
NotesFast (about 30 minutes) and easy...it's not rocket science but it sure tastes great!
Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa.