- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 (19 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (11 oz) can Mexican style corn, drained
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained)
- Mexican 4 cheese blend
- Saute onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn and spices.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 of suace mixture into bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Layer with 1/3 of tortillas, 1/2 of meat, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
NotesA friend of the family gave me this recipe at my kitchen shower before getting married. She promised me we would love this recipe, and she did not disappoint. It's even better the next day for lunch as leftovers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More