- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 (19 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (11 oz) can Mexican style corn, drained
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained)
- Mexican 4 cheese blend
Saute onion in oil until tender.
Stir in enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn and spices.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Spoon 1/3 of suace mixture into bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
Layer with 1/3 of tortillas, 1/2 of meat, and 1 cup of cheese.
Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture and cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.