- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a fantastic soup, my DH loves it. It's nice for a cold Fall/Winter day.
- 3 (14-oz.) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 (14.75-oz.) cans Green Giant Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 2 (10-oz.) cans Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 (10-oz.) can chunk white and dark chicken in water, drained
- 1 (5-oz.) pkg. uncooked vermicelli, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- GARNISH, IF DESIRED
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 oz. (3 cups) shredded colby-Monterey Jack Cheese Blend
- 1. In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine broth, corn, enchilida sauce and chilies; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add all remaining soup ingredients; mix well.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until vermicelli is tender; stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Garnish each serving with onion and cheese.
- 6 servings