- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 32
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 10 corn tortillas (6-inch rounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whole kernel corn, or 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat or light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Place the tomatoes and chili powder in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture over the bottom of a 10-inch pie pan. Line the bottom of the pan with 4 of the tortillas, overlapping them as needed to make them fit.
- Spread half of the beans over the tortilla-lined pie pan. Top with half of the corn, half of the chilies, and 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture. Dot with half of the sour cream, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Repeat the layers, this time using only 3 tortillas. Top with the 3 remaining tortillas, and spread the remaining tomatoes over the top.
- Coat a piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover the pan with the foil, coated side down. (This will prevent the tortillas from sticking to the foil.) Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until the dish is heated through. Remove the foil, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top. Return the dish to the oven, and bake uncovered for 3 additional minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More