- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced in
- 2 Tbsp oil
- minced garlic
- 1 can rotel (mild)
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin and
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts want your poaching liquid to be runny.
- 2 cans salsa verde (I used La Costena but Herdez also makes a good one),
- 1 can worth of mexican crema
- 12 corn tortillas
- swiss cheese
- monterey jack
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add rotel (mild), broth, cumin and chicken breasts and allow chicken to poach.
- After poaching, shred chicken in pan with 2 forks. **Add more water if needed, but not more than 1/2 c at a time, you do not want your poaching liquid to be runny.
- For the sauce, combine salsa verde and 1 mexican crema (I do 2 cans verde for my husband but 1 can for me).
- When done with this, take 12 corn tortillas and lightly brush each with oil and then lay each one on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake at 425 for 3 minutes, bake for an additional minute or two if still not soft.
- Place chicken in tortillas and roll up and then place in your baking dish (since I do a hotter one for my husband, I do this in two 9 inch pie plates).
- Pour your crema sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Top with swiss cheese and monterey jack, to your taste.
- Bake at 350 until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 to 30 minutes, longer if you are using a big dish.
NotesI looked through a couple recipes for Enchiladas Suizas and came up with this one. If you like your food on the milder side, I would suggest 1 can salsa verde and 1 can full of the crema. You can always make your own salsa verde, but I did this for a weeknight supper and just used canned. Also, feel free to soften your tortillas in oil the normal way, I was just playing around with trying to soften them in a way that might be less fattening (I personally like the normal way better...bring on the fat!!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More