- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced in
- 2 Tbsp oil
- minced garlic
- 1 can rotel (mild)
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin and
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts want your poaching liquid to be runny.
- 2 cans salsa verde (I used La Costena but Herdez also makes a good one),
- 1 can worth of mexican crema
- 12 corn tortillas
- swiss cheese
- monterey jack
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add rotel (mild), broth, cumin and chicken breasts and allow chicken to poach.
- After poaching, shred chicken in pan with 2 forks. **Add more water if needed, but not more than 1/2 c at a time, you do not want your poaching liquid to be runny.
- For the sauce, combine salsa verde and 1 mexican crema (I do 2 cans verde for my husband but 1 can for me).
- When done with this, take 12 corn tortillas and lightly brush each with oil and then lay each one on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake at 425 for 3 minutes, bake for an additional minute or two if still not soft.
- Place chicken in tortillas and roll up and then place in your baking dish (since I do a hotter one for my husband, I do this in two 9 inch pie plates).
- Pour your crema sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Top with swiss cheese and monterey jack, to your taste.
- Bake at 350 until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 to 30 minutes, longer if you are using a big dish.
NotesI looked through a couple recipes for Enchiladas Suizas and came up with this one. If you like your food on the milder side, I would suggest 1 can salsa verde and 1 can full of the crema. You can always make your own salsa verde, but I did this for a weeknight supper and just used canned. Also, feel free to soften your tortillas in oil the normal way, I was just playing around with trying to soften them in a way that might be less fattening (I personally like the normal way better...bring on the fat!!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Summertime SippersSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More