- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2-2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce, etc., (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare the hamburger according to the directions on the taco seasoning mix. Add 1 cup of cheese to the hamburger; stir until melted.
- Spread one tablespoon of enchilada sauce on the inside of a tortilla; fill with approx. 2 tablespoons of meat. Roll the enchilada and place it seam side down in a 9" x 13" baking dish. Repeat with 11 remaining tortillas.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and cheese is melted.
NotesI just improvised this recipe from a couple of others that I've tried. I'd never made beef enchiladas before, only chicken so I just kind of made it up as I was going. It turned out pretty well. My boyfriend doesn't like Mexican food but he ate half of them at dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More