- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Small onion (To rub inside the pot)
- 1 cup Hard Cider
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 cups grated Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 3 tsp Corn Flour
- 3 TB Apple Juice
- Pinch of White Pepper
- Rub the inside of the pot with the onion.
- Pour in the cider and lemon juice then heat just until it begins to bubble.
- Turn heat to low and gradually add in the Extra Sharp Cheddar, stirring frequently until it melts and becomes smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix corn flour, dry mustard and apple juice until smooth.
- Stir into the cheese mixture and cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes until mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from stove and place in Fondue stand.
- Serve with cubes of crusty peasant bread and wedged of granny smith or gravenstein apple