- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are a rich, chewy bar cookie that tastes like pecan pie.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, flour and dash salt; mix or knead with hands until well combined (mixture will look dry).
- Press in bottom of a greased 9-inch square pan. Beat eggs until foamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spread mixture over layer in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven 30 minutes, if using a glass baking dish; in a 375-degree oven 30 minutes, if using a metal pan.
- Top should be set and lightly browned.
- Do not underbake. Let cool.
- Cut in 1-1/2-inch squares.