- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, flour and dash salt; mix or knead with hands until well combined (mixture will look dry).
- Press in bottom of a greased 9-inch square pan. Beat eggs until foamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spread mixture over layer in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven 30 minutes, if using a glass baking dish; in a 375-degree oven 30 minutes, if using a metal pan.
- Top should be set and lightly browned.
- Do not underbake. Let cool.
- Cut in 1-1/2-inch squares.
NotesThese are a rich, chewy bar cookie that tastes like pecan pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More