- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 - lbs smoked sausage sliced
- 1/2 - cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 - cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 - 14oz pkg English Muffins torn into 1 - inch pieces
- 2 - cups shredded monterey jack cheese (w/peppers-optional)
- 1 - cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 - large eggs
- 2 - cups half and half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 - tsp dried minced garlic
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat-high heat. Add sausage cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add green onions and bell pepper cook for 4 minutes or until vegt are tender. In a 3 quart baking dish arrange English muffin pieces in a single layer. Top with sausage mixture and top with cheeses. In a LG bowl whisk together eggs, half and half and milk and garlic together. Slowly pour egg mixture over over cheeses in baking dish. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. In the morning uncover casserole and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake casserole 45-50 or until casserole is set. Cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning. If necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Always check egg and cheese bakes 15 minutes before they are done and cover them to prevent over browning.
- You can cut the recipe in half and used a 9x13 in baking pan, using 6 whole English muffins. Also if using a glass baking dish lower the temperature to 325 degrees.