- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 TB shortening
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast (or one packette)
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup water, luke warm (about 110')
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the powdered milk, 1 TB sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, shortening and hot water. Stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, 1/8 tsp sugar and 1/3 cup of water. Stir to combine and let rest until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add the yeast to the dry milk mixture. Add in the sifted flour and beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- If you're using an electric griddle, preheat it to 300' F. If you're using a skillet on the stove like I did, you'll want the skillet on a medium to low setting.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tsp salt to the dough and beat thoroughly.
- Place your metal ring molds on the griddle or in your skillet. Spray with cooking spray
- Using a #20 ice cream scoop, place 2 scoops into each ring.
- Cover the rings with a lid or if you're using a griddle, place a cookie sheet on top of the rings and cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and flip the rings using tongs.
- Cover with the lid and cook for another 5 - 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack, remove the rings and allow to cool.
- Split with a fork and enjoy
NotesI've been wanting to make English Muffins for a very long time. These are easy and taste wonderful. You might want to check out my blog post before making them to see a few little tips that will help you avoid some mistakes that I made.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More