- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 225g blackcurrants (topped and tailed)
- 225g raspberries
- 255g redcurrants (topped and tailed)
- 175g sugar
- 3 tbsps water
- 8-10 thin slices of white bread, crusts removed
- Put the prepared fruit (reserving some for serving later) in a large saucepan with the sugar and water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 mins. Let cool.
- Take the bread and dip it in the juice mix, then line a 900ml (1 and 1/2 pt) pudding basin with it. Cut to fit and make sure there are no gaps.
- Spoon the fruit mix into the basin and top with more juicy bread to fit and cover everything. Save any juice that's left over and pop it in the fridge, covered.
- Cover the basin with a plate and put some sort of heavy weight on it.
- Chill overnight.
- To serve, turn it out and top with the remaining juice and fruit and some double cream.
NotesA proper English Summer pudding (my mum's recipe!)
Proof that English food doesn't always suck.
Credit for picture goes to:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More