- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 225g blackcurrants (topped and tailed)
- 225g raspberries
- 255g redcurrants (topped and tailed)
- 175g sugar
- 3 tbsps water
- 8-10 thin slices of white bread, crusts removed
- Put the prepared fruit (reserving some for serving later) in a large saucepan with the sugar and water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 mins. Let cool.
- Take the bread and dip it in the juice mix, then line a 900ml (1 and 1/2 pt) pudding basin with it. Cut to fit and make sure there are no gaps.
- Spoon the fruit mix into the basin and top with more juicy bread to fit and cover everything. Save any juice that's left over and pop it in the fridge, covered.
- Cover the basin with a plate and put some sort of heavy weight on it.
- Chill overnight.
- To serve, turn it out and top with the remaining juice and fruit and some double cream.
NotesA proper English Summer pudding (my mum's recipe!)
Proof that English food doesn't always suck.
Credit for picture goes to:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More