- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 14 mini scones
- Preparation Time: 20
- All-purpose flour // 2 1/2 cup
- Confectioners sugar // 1/4 cup
- Baking powder // 1 tbsp
- Baking soda // 1/2 tsp
- Salt // 1/2 tsp
- Raisins // 3/4 cup
- Buttermilk (or 2 tbsp yogurt + milk) // 3/4 cup
- Unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes // 1/2 cup
- Egg, large // 1
- :Egg wash: (Optional)
- Egg yolk // 1
- Milk // 2 tbsp
- 1. Preheat 220C/400F.
- 2. Combine flour + baking powder + baking soda + sugar + salt and sieve the mixture two times. Add in butter cubes, blend until flakes like, add in raisins.
- 4. Combine buttermilk + egg, add in the butter mixture. Stir gently until well blended.
- 5. Roll the dough into 1 inch thick rectangle sheet. Use round cookie cutter to cut out each scone dough and line it on the baking sheet.
- 6. Brush egg wash (optional), bake 15~20 minutes until golden brown.
- 1. Serve best when warm with clotted cream and jam. I just don't understand why is it so difficult to find clotted cream here. In Vancouver, you can easily buy them from grocery store like Safeway. Maybe I will have to make clotted cream myself....T_T
- 2. Scones can be stored in air tight container for 3 days or freeze in the freezer for up to a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More