- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 14 mini scones
- Preparation Time: 20
- All-purpose flour // 2 1/2 cup
- Confectioners sugar // 1/4 cup
- Baking powder // 1 tbsp
- Baking soda // 1/2 tsp
- Salt // 1/2 tsp
- Raisins // 3/4 cup
- Buttermilk (or 2 tbsp yogurt + milk) // 3/4 cup
- Unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes // 1/2 cup
- Egg, large // 1
- :Egg wash: (Optional)
- Egg yolk // 1
- Milk // 2 tbsp
- 1. Preheat 220C/400F.
- 2. Combine flour + baking powder + baking soda + sugar + salt and sieve the mixture two times. Add in butter cubes, blend until flakes like, add in raisins.
- 4. Combine buttermilk + egg, add in the butter mixture. Stir gently until well blended.
- 5. Roll the dough into 1 inch thick rectangle sheet. Use round cookie cutter to cut out each scone dough and line it on the baking sheet.
- 6. Brush egg wash (optional), bake 15~20 minutes until golden brown.
- 1. Serve best when warm with clotted cream and jam. I just don't understand why is it so difficult to find clotted cream here. In Vancouver, you can easily buy them from grocery store like Safeway. Maybe I will have to make clotted cream myself....T_T
- 2. Scones can be stored in air tight container for 3 days or freeze in the freezer for up to a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More