ERIC'S QUARTER LAYER BIRTHDAY POKE CAKE
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Jiffy White cake recipe, cut in half
- 1 box Sugar-Free Raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups whipped cream
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp. lemon extract
- Bake one layer of cake using the Jiffy white cake recipe cut in half.
- While cake sets aside to cool in the pan, prepare gelatin according to box instructions.
- Using a skewer, poke holes across surface of cake.
- Pour 1 cup of gelatin over cake slowly. It will soak in.
- Place cake in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, fold zest and extract into whipped cream.
- To assemble: Remove cake from pan by dipping bottom edge into ot water for a few seconds before inverting. Slice off top if needed to flatten.
- Cut cake layer into quarters.
- Layer cake triangles with 2 Tbls. cream until you have a 4 tiered cake.
- If your edges are messy, slice a thin strip off of each side to give your cake a freshly cut look.
- Frost only the top and "back" of your cake slice with remaining cream.
- Decorate with lemon curls or sprinkles.
NotesMy husband's birthday is today, but since it will only be 2 of us, I don't want to make a huge cake. I decided to bake one layer and create a giant "slice" of cake instead.