- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Jiffy White cake recipe, cut in half
- 1 box Sugar-Free Raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups whipped cream
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp. lemon extract
- Bake one layer of cake using the Jiffy white cake recipe cut in half.
- While cake sets aside to cool in the pan, prepare gelatin according to box instructions.
- Using a skewer, poke holes across surface of cake.
- Pour 1 cup of gelatin over cake slowly. It will soak in.
- Place cake in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, fold zest and extract into whipped cream.
- To assemble: Remove cake from pan by dipping bottom edge into ot water for a few seconds before inverting. Slice off top if needed to flatten.
- Cut cake layer into quarters.
- Layer cake triangles with 2 Tbls. cream until you have a 4 tiered cake.
- If your edges are messy, slice a thin strip off of each side to give your cake a freshly cut look.
- Frost only the top and "back" of your cake slice with remaining cream.
- Decorate with lemon curls or sprinkles.
NotesMy husband's birthday is today, but since it will only be 2 of us, I don't want to make a huge cake. I decided to bake one layer and create a giant "slice" of cake instead.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More