- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pound cake
- Liqueur (e.g., Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
- Candied fruit
- Ice cream (solidly frozen)
- Brandy, warmed
- On a pretty baking sheet arrange a base of 1” thick pound cake.
- Sprinkle with liqueur.
- Spread candied fruit over pound cake.
- Top with solidly frozen ice cream.
- Spread meringue over all (about 1-1/2” thick).
- Be sure to seal meringue well over cake edges.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 4 minutes until light brown.
- Have warmed brandy ready.
- Pour brandy over all, light and bring to table flaming.
- It burns out quickly.
NotesCointreau and peach ice cream are good combinations.
6 egg whites give enough meringue for one large Alaska.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More