- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pound cake
- Liqueur (e.g., Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
- Candied fruit
- Ice cream (solidly frozen)
- Brandy, warmed
- On a pretty baking sheet arrange a base of 1” thick pound cake.
- Sprinkle with liqueur.
- Spread candied fruit over pound cake.
- Top with solidly frozen ice cream.
- Spread meringue over all (about 1-1/2” thick).
- Be sure to seal meringue well over cake edges.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 4 minutes until light brown.
- Have warmed brandy ready.
- Pour brandy over all, light and bring to table flaming.
- It burns out quickly.
NotesCointreau and peach ice cream are good combinations.
6 egg whites give enough meringue for one large Alaska.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More