- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCointreau and peach ice cream are good combinations.
6 egg whites give enough meringue for one large Alaska.
- Pound cake
- Liqueur (e.g., Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
- Candied fruit
- Ice cream (solidly frozen)
- Brandy, warmed
- On a pretty baking sheet arrange a base of 1” thick pound cake.
- Sprinkle with liqueur.
- Spread candied fruit over pound cake.
- Top with solidly frozen ice cream.
- Spread meringue over all (about 1-1/2” thick).
- Be sure to seal meringue well over cake edges.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 4 minutes until light brown.
- Have warmed brandy ready.
- Pour brandy over all, light and bring to table flaming.
- It burns out quickly.