- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups green peas
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 pigs feet
- 6 leeks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 pound knock or met-wurst
- 2 large onions, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the peas in six quarts water until tender. Add the pigs feet and simmer for at least 2 hours. Then add the bacon. In a medium frying pan melt the butter, add onions, leeks and celery and sauté until onions are light brown; add to the soup. Then cut the wurst in 2 inch pieces and add to the soup. Add pepper. This soup taste better if it stands overnight. You might have to add water as soup have tendency to become thick.
- Smaaklijk Eten! Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal (It is the taste that tells the whole story).
- The Source of this recipe is "Mama's Favorite Dutch Recipes"
NotesWarning this is not a low calory or low fat soup.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Social CookbookSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More