- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups green peas
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 pigs feet
- 6 leeks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 pound knock or met-wurst
- 2 large onions, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the peas in six quarts water until tender. Add the pigs feet and simmer for at least 2 hours. Then add the bacon. In a medium frying pan melt the butter, add onions, leeks and celery and sauté until onions are light brown; add to the soup. Then cut the wurst in 2 inch pieces and add to the soup. Add pepper. This soup taste better if it stands overnight. You might have to add water as soup have tendency to become thick.
- Smaaklijk Eten! Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal (It is the taste that tells the whole story).
- The Source of this recipe is "Mama's Favorite Dutch Recipes"
NotesWarning this is not a low calory or low fat soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More