ERWTEN SOUP - PEA SOUP FROM THE NETHERLANDS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups green peas
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 pigs feet
- 6 leeks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 pound knock or met-wurst
- 2 large onions, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the peas in six quarts water until tender. Add the pigs feet and simmer for at least 2 hours. Then add the bacon. In a medium frying pan melt the butter, add onions, leeks and celery and sauté until onions are light brown; add to the soup. Then cut the wurst in 2 inch pieces and add to the soup. Add pepper. This soup taste better if it stands overnight. You might have to add water as soup have tendency to become thick.
- Smaaklijk Eten! Het is de smaak dat verteld het verhaal (It is the taste that tells the whole story).
- The Source of this recipe is "Mama's Favorite Dutch Recipes"
NotesWarning this is not a low calory or low fat soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More