- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter -- softened
- 1/2 cup parsley -- minced
- 4 medium shallots
- 4 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 each snails -- drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 large egg -- beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Puffed pastry sheets.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and mix in parsley, shallots, hazelnuts, garlic and Pernod; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a saute pan and add snails and white wine.
- Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Add one snail to each hole of escargot dish.
- Spoon herb butter mixture into each hole and cover with a 2" x2" square of puffed pastry.
- Beat egg and water and brush on each puffed pastry.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until puffed pastry is golden brown.
NotesTo me, there were only a few really good items to eat in Oklahoma and this was one of them. The restaurant went out of business before I could request their recipe, but I tried to make it as close as I remembered.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten-Free and Delicious
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More