- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (25 g) Splenda or sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals (regular or decaf, as you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 g, 1 stick) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 6 ounces (170 g) sugar-free chocolate chips
- OR 6 ounces (170 g) sugar-free dark chocolate bars, chopped to chocolate-chip-size in the food processor
- Makes 25 smaller brownies or 16 bigger brownies
- Put Splenda or sugar, vanilla whey protein, almond meal, cocoa, instant coffee crystals, and salt in a food processor with the S-blade in place.
- Pulse to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the butter is "cut in"—well combined with the dry ingredients. Turn out into a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well with a whisk after each.
- Then beat in the water.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips or chopped-up chocolate bars. Spray an 8" × 8" (20 × 20 cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray, and spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes—do not over bake! Cool, and cut into squares.
NotesA friend posted the original version of this recipe—definitely not low carb—online. I couldn't resist the challenge. They're wonderful!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Summertime SippersSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More