- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 3/4 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 (19.8-ounce) box brownie mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Whisk 1/3 cup of water, oil, eggs, and 2 tablespoons espresso powder in a large bowl to blend. Add the brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth. Spread the frosting over the brownies. Refrigerate until the frosting is set.
NotesI got tired of the same old brownie recipe and so I tweaked it by adding espresso and chocolate chips and put an espresso frosting on them. They are a fudgy brownie and very rich, so they need to be cut into small pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More