- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 shots expresso -- chilled
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- amaretto cookies -- crumbled
- Mix the milk and cream in a 9 by 12-inch glass baking pan and put it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Every 30 minutes, scrape the ice that forms with a fork to create a soft, icy mixture.
- The icy mixture can be made 1 day ahead, stored in the freezer covered with plastic wrap.
- In a blender, combine the icy milk-and-cream mixture with the expresso and simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spoon into decorative serving glasses and top with the crumbled cookies.
- NOTE : To make Simple Syrup, cook 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar until the sugar is disolved.
NotesI got this recipe off of the "Everyday Italian" show on Food Network (Giade De Laurentiis). I tried it and it was delicious so I thought I would share it with all of my bakespace friends.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Recipes for Vitality
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More