- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 shots expresso -- chilled
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- amaretto cookies -- crumbled
- Mix the milk and cream in a 9 by 12-inch glass baking pan and put it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Every 30 minutes, scrape the ice that forms with a fork to create a soft, icy mixture.
- The icy mixture can be made 1 day ahead, stored in the freezer covered with plastic wrap.
- In a blender, combine the icy milk-and-cream mixture with the expresso and simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spoon into decorative serving glasses and top with the crumbled cookies.
- NOTE : To make Simple Syrup, cook 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar until the sugar is disolved.
NotesI got this recipe off of the "Everyday Italian" show on Food Network (Giade De Laurentiis). I tried it and it was delicious so I thought I would share it with all of my bakespace friends.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More