- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 3 tablespoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 .
- Butter and flour a 9 x 12-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, coffee, and salt in the top of a double boiler or bowl over simmering water.
- Cook until melted and smooth.
- Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until well mixed.
- Fold in the flour until it just disappears.
- Gently fold in the pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack 1 hour.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen and cut into squares.
- Lift out and transfer to serving dish or tin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Simple Homemade Favorites
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More