- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1. 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3. 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4. Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5. 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1. Trim visible fat from chicken breasts. Remove the tenders (the long thin flaps); reserve for another use (see Tip). Place trimmed chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin, meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- 3. Continue with the sauce of your choice, as directed in Step 3 of Mango Sauce, Creamy Mushroom & Leek Sauce or Provencal Sauce.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More