- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 onions chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh minced ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3T berbere
- 3 jalapenos (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 C beef strips
- 3-4 C water
- 1 t salt (more or less)
- Saute the onions well with oil and brown beef strips.
- Add garlic and ginger when the
- onions are very soft and saute a few minutes.
- Add the jalepenos and tomato and saute a couple minutes more.
- Add berbere and saute for a minute or two.
- Last, add the lentils and 3 C water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and it's ready to serve.
NotesMy cooking club meets every month and we recently had an Ethiopian Pot Luck.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Italy or BustSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More