- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy cooking club meets every month and we recently had an Ethiopian Pot Luck.
- 2 1/2 onions chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh minced ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3T berbere
- 2 C red lentils, washed well
- 3-4 C water
- 1 t salt (more or less)
- Saute the onions well without oil.
- Add garlic and ginger when the
- onions are very soft and saute a few minutes.
- Add the tomato and saute a couple minutes more.
- Add berbere and saute for a minute or two.
- Last, add the lentils and 3 C water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add more water as the lentils
- cook if needed.
- Add salt and it's ready to serve.