- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 onions chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh minced ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3T berbere
- 2 C red lentils, washed well
- 3-4 C water
- 1 t salt (more or less)
- Saute the onions well without oil.
- Add garlic and ginger when the
- onions are very soft and saute a few minutes.
- Add the tomato and saute a couple minutes more.
- Add berbere and saute for a minute or two.
- Last, add the lentils and 3 C water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add more water as the lentils
- cook if needed.
- Add salt and it's ready to serve.
NotesMy cooking club meets every month and we recently had an Ethiopian Pot Luck.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More