- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup ground dried New Mexico chiles
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Finely grind fenugreek seeds in an electric coffee/spice grinder.
- Stir together with remaining ingredients until combined well.
- Berbere keeps in an airtight container, chilled, 3 months
- Makes about 1 cup.
NotesBerbere is a chili and spice blend used to season many Ethiopian dishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More