- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup ground dried New Mexico chiles
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Finely grind fenugreek seeds in an electric coffee/spice grinder.
- Stir together with remaining ingredients until combined well.
- Berbere keeps in an airtight container, chilled, 3 months
- Makes about 1 cup.
NotesBerbere is a chili and spice blend used to season many Ethiopian dishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More