EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK COOKIES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter -- softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cereal
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut -- flaked
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts -- chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in milk and vanilla. Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly with a glass dipped in water.
- 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. I found that slightly under baking these yields wonderfully chewy cookies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More